Detailed project references
Diagnosis of the ICT Systems at the Headquarters of the Indian Ocean Commission, Mauritius
ICT Consultant undertaking a study to assess and diagnose the existing ICT systems within the IOC (Indian Ocean Commission) Secretariate and make recommendations for their alignment with international standards.
The study, undertaken on behalf of Danish Management A/S for the IOC under an EU Framework Contract (RICTSP), covers all aspects of ICT systems within the context of the IOC including recommendations regarding the formulation of an ICT policy, equipments and software, communications, human resources, management and maintenance of ICT systems, ICT security and training.
The study included a short mission to the IOC headquarters and subsequent report writing. (French language assignment).
Client: Danish Management A/S / Indian Ocean Commission, Mauritius. 2008
Development of a Model for Procurement of Computer Software by Public Sector Agencies
In joint cooperation with asaConsult, a model for procurement of computer software by public sector agencies together with a web-based guide (in Danish language) have been developed. This is the first phase of development of the web-based guide and forms a basis for the future development of an interactive web-based tool to provide guidance, with built-in e-governance, to public sector project staff in state level agencies involved in the procurement of custom built software for specific applications.
MJD Consulting has, inter alia, provided expertise within the area of procurement management and the procurement process.
Client: Danish National IT and Telecom Agency (under the Ministry for Science, Technology and Innovation), 2006 - 2007
Assistance to the coordinating body for hospitals in the
Greater Copenhagen area (Hovedstadens Sygehusfællesskab), Denmark:
- Procurement Contract Management Consultancy
Provided assistance to the Programme Office of the Informatics Department of the Coordinating Body for Hospitals in the Greater Copenhagen area (Hovedstadens Sygehusfællesskab) with the establishment of a Procurement Contract Management Database. The contract database, developed in close cooperation with the client’s staff includes all necessary information required for procurement contract management and follow-up of over 100 supply, development and consultancy contracts relating to the implementation of an IT-Strategy leading to a Clinical IT-work place including, inter alia, an ambitious Electronic Patient Journal project.
- Needs analysis and specification of requirements;
- Establishment of spreadsheet based database including macro commands for common operations;
- Data searching and entering from contract documents;
- Preparation of user documentation.
Client: H:S Direktionens Informatikafdelingens Programkontor, 2006.
Humanitarian Support for Tsunami affected Families of Nagapattinam District, Tamil Nadu, India:
- Organisation and Management Consultant
Providing disaster relief to fisher folk affected by the Tsunami of 26th December, 2004 in the Indian Ocean.
Provided support in:
- Finalisation of project financing proposal to European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) and
- Training of Indian partner organisation in procurement management procedures for International Open Call for Tenders for fishing boats, nets and motors using EU procedures.
Client: DanChurchAid/Church's Auxiliary for Social Action (CASA), 2005.
Humanitarian Assistance to Tamil Refugees from Sri Lanka in India:
- Organisation and Management Consultancy
Consultancy in organisation and management for Humanitarian Assistance to Tamil Refugees from Sri Lanka in India. In connection with the financing by ECHO - through DanChurchAid - of the Health and Nutrition component of the Organisation for Eelam Refugees Rehabilitation (OfERR - a self-help NGO staffed fully by Tamil refugees) programme for providing support and assistance to some 65,000 refugees in some 110 camps located throughout Tamil Nadu.
This assignment has included:
- Brief overall analysis of the organisation and its systems and procedures - particularly in relation to the health and nutrition components of its programme - and the preparation of a short report presenting findings and recommendations in this connection;
- Support in the development of job descriptions including lines of reporting for all staff and volunteers directly involved in, or associated with, the health and nutrition component;
- Developing a strategy for procurement of foodstuffs, the development of ECHO approved procurement procedures for foodstuffs and medicines and provision of basic training and guidance in the implementation of the approved procurement procedures.
Client: DanChurchAid/OfERR. 2002
Huminatarian Operations in India providing Disaster Relief:
- Project Coordination and Monitoring
Project Coordinator/Monitor for a number of humanitarian operations financed by DanChurchAid and implemented by Indian partner organisations for providing disaster relief.
These operations have included:
- Humanitarian relief to minimise drought effects on human population in 18 villages of Rajasthan (2003)
- Assistance to Flood Victims, Orissa State (2001)
- Extended Rehabilitation of Victims of Super Cyclone in Orissa State (2001)
- Assistance to Earthquake Victims, Gujarat State (2001)
- Assistance to Victims of September 2000 Floods in West Bengal State (2000 - 2001)
- Assistance to Victims of August 2000 Floods in Assam and Bihar States (2000).
Responsible for providing assistance during all phases of the operations from the formulation of applications for funding by DanChurchAid's back donor for these operations, the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) through monitoring the on-going operations (including, inter alia, procurement) both in the field and at DanChurchAid's office in Delhi to the preparation of both interim and final narrative and financial reports to ECHO.
Client: DanChurchAid 2000 - 2003
Malawi Posts and Telecommunications Corporation:
- Support to public telephone section including development of
Draft Policy and Strategy for Public Telephones
Project Manager/joint team leader of Public Telephone Component of support to Malawi Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (MPTC).
Specific responsibility for Organisation and Management as well as Technical aspects of the technical assistance support aimed at consolidation of the existing public telephone section, pilot testing of alternative technologies for public telephones and formulation of MPTC's Policy and Strategy for public telephones in Malawi.
Responsible for preparation of Draft Policy and Strategy document.
Client: Andersen Management International/DANIDA - MPTC. 1998 - 2000.
Second Public Telephone Project in Zimbabwe:
- Project Supervisor responsible for Monitoring the
Implementation of the Project
Project supervisor responsible for monitoring the implementation of technical assistance for Institutional Development
( organisation and management) as well as procurement aspects of the Second Public Telephone Project in Zimbabwe.
The project objectives were to:
- Develop the Public Telephone Service as a separate business unit with a commercial and customer-oriented approach
- Investigate the suitability of alternative types of payphone technology in the Zimbabwean context
- Introduce into service an additional 2,000 public telephones.
Client: Danida/Zimbabwe Public Telecommunications Corporation. 1995 - 1999
Second Public Telephone Project in Zimbabwe:
- Support in the Appointment of Consultants
Project Manager responsible for support to Danida in procurement management procedures for the appointment of Consultants, including pre-qualification, preparation and issuing of Tender Documents, tender evaluation, and contract negotiations for Technical Assistance for Institutional Development and Procurement in connection with the Second Public Telephone Project in Zimbabwe.
Client: Danida/Zimbabwe Posts and Telecommunications Corporation. 1994
Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation:
- Chief Project Adviser to Public Telephone Service
(Two year full time posting).
Chief Project Adviser to Public Telephone Service, Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation, Kenya, advising the Manager, Value Added Services, on all management aspects of the expansion, installation, operations and maintenance of over 5,000 public telephones in Kenya.
Employer: Danida/ Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation. 1990 - 1992.